Reports to the Construction Manager
Works closely with all Project Teams
The Project Coordinator is the clerical support person to each project team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and support the business safety program. Understand construction safety requirements.
- Assemble subcontract/PO agreements and distribute documents to subs, vendors and the project team.
Distribute proposed contract changes for approval. Follow up to assure document is executed. Assemble
approved change orders and distribute to appropriate parties. Maintain accurate subcontract change order
materials and information in Sage.
- Prepare orderly, complete and accessible project job files in accordance with company filing procedures.
Identify and expedite the receipt of missing materials. Assure that electronic filing, where applicable, of all
documents is occurring throughout the duration of the project. Draft and distribute project meeting minutes
after approval by the project team. Assist in obtaining licenses, permits and documentation necessary to
start, build and complete construction.
- Expedite and log receipt of insurance and licenses prior to subs starting in the field. Monitor expiration dates
of certificates of insurance and update. Ensure that valid insurance is on file through the duration of the
project. Expedite receipt of subcontractors bonds. Confirm the accuracy and validity of the bond. Ensure
bonds are in place and confirmed prior to start of work. Ensure bonds are in place for duration of project.
- Ensure project closeout is completed promptly by the project team. Obtain all required closeout information
on a timely basis and get a receipt from vendor.
- Contribute to the vision, goals and objectives of the company. Perform other tasks that may be assigned.
Comply with company policies and safety regulations.
Qualification & Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed as a
- Education: A high school diploma is necessary for this position, college coursework is preferred.
- Experience: One to two years work experience; construction project experience would be helpful.
- Skills: Independent judgment, excellent organizational skills, and the flexibility to coordinate multiple projects
with frequent interruptions, accuracy, project management, project accounting and communication are
necessary skills for this position. Knowledge of the phone systems and Microsoft Office applications are
necessary, as are good typing and general office skills.
- A pre-employment drug screen is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently in an office environment. This involves sitting most of the time, but may involve
walking or standing.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements
and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not an exhaustive list of the tasks that and employee may be required to
perform. Hy-Vee Construction reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as
circumstances and or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.